Monday, September 11, 2006

MOVIE RECOMMENDATION: HALF NELSON

Last night, I saw the movie Half Nelson at the Laemmle Sunset 5 (FYI Rachel Bilson and Adam Brody were also there taking in a movie there). This movie and its two stars, Ryan Gosling and Shareeka Epps were truly incredible. The movie follows a middle-school history teacher (Gosling) as he deals with his own addiction to cocaine, alcohol and crack while trying to inspire is students and write his childrens book on dialectics, a theory on change.
In my humble opinion, the movie was subtle and deeply moving and Gosling and Epps are both incredible and their on-screen friendship was a real joy to watch.

The movie really disturbed and depressed me at some points. Watching Gosling's character deal with his overwhelming drug addiction had moments of such painful reality that it was difficult to watch. Still this morning, it is difficult for me to not pity Gosling, even though I obviously realize he was just playing a character. The movie stayed with me and if any of you have an opportunity, I highly suggest seeing it.


Also, Ryan is the hottest. I did fall in love with him...just a little!


Cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home