Friday, February 10, 2006

FASHION TWEEK!

In case you didn't know, this week was New York City's Olympus Fashion Week. That means fashionista's, designers and 12 year old bulemics wearing $3000 ripped pieces of fabric. I was perusing over the highlights and thought I would let you know what the overall trends I saw were:

Black is the new is the old black. Black on black on black or black with charcoal or even smoke. But don't you dare wear gray, and heaven forbid color!

<<
My friends who were in town said next spring we can expect florets and embroidery during the daytime hours and sequins and luxe fabrics at night.



Also, shapes are changing ladies! Waists are moving up! Shoulders are squaring off (shoulder pads, Zac Posen? Whatever you say....). The look is becoming more early nineties/late eighties with a modern tighter silhouette.



And for my award for best menswear is are a group of hot LA native boys who started their line in their DORM ROOM at UCLA where Barneys purchased some pieces. Isn't that crazy? LOVE IT! It's called Trovata and it's LA based and I have seen it at Fred Segal, Barneys, American Rag and a few other small boutiques. Hit it up before it blows up like Modern Amusement.


Regardless, these boys are cool as shit, and I think that their style is so relaxed and fun and not pretentious. They name their collections which I think is so adorable. This season their collection is called "Pompous and penniless" which I love, because if I had to describe myself in three words, those would be them. They also come up with characters and stories for all their models, which is weird, but quirky in a fun way.





Tune in later guys! I am getting some word that Oprah is up to something!

peaceloveandoprah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home